• IMAGES

OVERVIEW

The Devereux Centre

ADP was commissioned to deliver a new £5.5m primary care centre in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.

Built on the site of the Old Tewkesbury Hospital, the primary care centre, named the ‘Devereux Centre’, is an amalgamation of three local GP practices from the town, who have come together to deliver a greater scope of services through this new, multipurpose facility. The name comes from Dr Devereux, who was involved in the conception of the first Tewkesbury Rural Hospital in 1865.

Ideally situated close to the High Street, the building accommodates 2200m² general medical space, along with some ‘private’ rooms at both ground and first floor level, which includes a minor ops suite. On the ground floor there is a 120m² pharmacy with its own frontage. The second floor accommodates plant rooms and shared staff facilities such as the staff room, changing rooms and a large meeting room. The staff rooms have been orientated to provide a view of Tewkesbury Abbey to the west of the site.

Bringing together two GP practices, lettable consulting rooms for specialists, and  facilities for local businesses under one roof, the Devereux Centre proves to be greater than the sum of its parts.

 


PROJECT CONTACTS:

STUDIO DIRECTOR:

ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:

SENIOR ARCHITECTS:



DETAILS

CLIENT:

New Docs Limited

LOCATION:

Tewkesbury

STUDIO:

Birmingham

TYPE:

New Build
none
none
none

VALUE:

£5.5m

SERVICES:

STATUS:

Complete

AWARDS:

To see ADP's awards list, please click here.